Five Guys Burgers and Fries  

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Photo of Five Guys Restaurant in Oakland Neigh...Image via Wikipedia

Bala Cynwyd Shopping Center
77 East City Ave
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004

You should know

Dan and I were looking for something tasty and convenieint for dinner. "What's in the Bala Shopping Center besides Olive Garden?" he asked me. I recalled that this place is supposed to be good.

So?

After taking a minute to glance over the short menu, we hopped into the also-short line. Dan ordered a regular cheeseburger, while I ordered a little hamburger.

This is sort of a misnomer. The "little" hamburger is pretty much a standard size, but only has one beef patty. The "regular" burger has two.

On my burger, I got tomato, pickles, and sauteed mushrooms that were so juicy that I could easily forgo any sauces (as I typically do). I also got a "regular" french fry and a "regular" drink. Dan got the same.

They make the burgers upon order, so there's a brief wait before your meal is ready. I drained most of my drink by the time my food was up, but there's free refills, so that's ok.

The burger was delicious, and about the perfect size for me. The serving size on the fries was absolutely huge, depsite the fact that we both got the smaller size. They were delicious, but I ended up taking most of mine home

As for beverages, they had an iced tea fountatin next to the soda fountain, so I mixed half unsweetened black tea (too bitter) and half sweetened green tea (too sweet).

Rating

Go there
It's tasty and inexpensive. They even have vegetarian options. But maybe split the fries with your dining partner(s).

The rest of the Internet

Liza at I EAT NY enjoyed her food and figured out a way to repurpose her leftover fries.
The Wikipedia article.
Roger Yu at USA Today writes about the chain, its founders, and how it's found approval with the Obamas.
Follow @Five_Guys on Twitter.
E at Foodaphilia went along with the Burger Club of Philadelphia.
Fries With That Shake attended the same meet-up, and gives a breakdown of everyone's burgers and their reactions to them.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Email this post

Post a Comment

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster