Wasabi Pea Tuna Salad  

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Wasabi peas

Wasabi pea tuna salad


by me, today
Format: recipe


You should know


My roommate had a can of wasabi peas and was kind enough to share them. I don't know the brand. All measurements are approximate.


So?

First, the recipe. I used 1 can solid white Albacore tuna in water, a decent shake of onion powder, a handful (a large handful in my case, but I have small hands) of wasabi peas, and two heaping teaspoons (so, probably a tablespoon) of mayonnaise.

A forkful with no peas is surprisingly mild; I mean, even compared to normal, no-extra-seasoning tuna salad, at least to me. A forkful with peas is good; the mayo dilutes the spiciness, so it's just a mild kick that complements the fish nicely. It's a bit crunchier than I like my fish, but that's to be expected.

My beverage is 4C instant green tea. A good choice.


Rating

Worth a try. Not the best thing I've ever made, but fun for a change. And if you have the peas and are making tuna salad anyway, it's almost zero additional effort.


The rest of the Internet

Amy at Not As Good As Pork Cracklins made Wasabi Pea Crusted Tuna.
According to Dave, what I made is called Kryptonite Salad.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Email this post

Post a Comment

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster