Other people's reviews: Sammy's Halal Cart  

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Image representing New York Times as depicted ...Image via CrunchBaseI got my mother a copy of Mark Bitman's How to Cook Everything cookbook for Christmas a few years back, and she uses it all the time.  I'm waiting for the latest edition to come out in paperback, then I'm buying it myself.

Bitman has a blog on the New York Times website, and has contributing and guest bloggers appear regularly.  At one point, the contributor was Luca Marzorati, a high school student and street-cart food connoisseur.

Marzorati's writing is excellent -- you wouldn't guess he was in high school when this was written if the article hadn't made mention of it.  And his praise of Sammy's Halal Cart is glowing.  I'm tempted to track the cart down for lunch one of these days.

Check out the review for yourself.


 

Enhanced by Zemanta

Email this post

Post a Comment

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster